I am a software architect and technical coach. I work with teams to integrate quality, scalability, security, and accessibility into enterprise mobile and cloud projects. I earned a Ph.D. from the University of Florida by researching the behavioral and cognitive effects of interface design.
I have been a technical lead or consultant on projects for Weight Watchers, Johnson & Johnson, CVS, Stanford University, Mastercard, and dozens more.
- Discriminating News-Reading Behavior Using Eye-Tracking Methodologies.
- The Miami Herald and the Miller Effect: Literary Journalism in the 1980s.
- Designing for Everybody. Society for News Design. April 9, 2016.
- Lean Forward, Lean Back: Tablet Storytelling Experiences. SXSW. March 11, 2013.
- My Three-Year Old is my Usability Expert. SXSW. March 15, 2010.
- Experience-driven Engineering in IoT: The Importance of User Experience for Developing Connected Products People Love. AIS Transactions on Human-Computer Interaction. December 2019.
- Improving Reliability and Security of Global Cold Chain Logistics for Pharmaceutical Assets. Journal of Innovation. March 2019.
- Ops to the Nines. Source. April 10, 2017.
- Know Your Stats. Source. July 25, 2013.
- Heroku Architecture Designer
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I
- Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
- Salesforce Certified Administrator
- Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- SAFe Leading SAFe 5.1
- AWS Certified Big Data Specialty
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional (AWS-PDOE)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional (AWS-PSA)
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate (SAA-C02)
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate (DVA-C01)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate (AWS-ASA)
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900)
- VMware Certified Associate – Data Center Virtualization (VCA-DCV)
- PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer (PADI-MSDT)
- PADI Emergency First Response Instructor (PADI-EFRI)
- Method and apparatus for storing, sharing, and/or organizing personal information, U.S. Patent 8,943,096